How Probiotics Aid in Weight Loss
- Health Tips
- Procedure FAQ
- Weight Loss Surgeries
How long is gastric sleeve surgery?
Gastric Sleeve Surgery Requirements
Does Medicaid Cover Weight Loss Surgery in Texas?
Diabetes and Bariatric Surgery
Gastric Sleeve Before and After
Gastric Sleeve recovery time
Risks and Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
What is the best weight loss surgery option?
How to Lose Belly Fat the Right Way?
CAN WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY CURE TYPE 2 DIABETES?
The Four Kitchen Gadgets That Can Help You Lose Weight
Healthy Habits to Help You Lose Weight
What are probiotics?
They perform several vital functions such as digesting nutrients in food, preventing the growth of disease-causing bacteria, maintaining the digestive floral balance, and strengthening immunity.
In terms of the roles of probiotics for weight loss, actually, there have been quite many studies supporting their positive effects on weight loss. Not in the sense that taking probiotics will cause you to lose pounds overnight, but it may help make your weight loss effects more efficient and sustainable.
What does science say about Probiotics?
- Aiding digestion of food
- Promoting the health and maintenance of cells that line your gut
- Supporting immunity to keep you from getting sick
- Creating vitamins
- Managing inflammation
- Absorbing medications
- Reducing blood pressure and cholesterol levels
How probiotics affect weight
1. Improved energy and metabolismAlthough there is a need for more research on the subject, experts agree that probiotics play a role in improved metabolism. Studies suggest that probiotics may balance the bacteria in your gut microbiome, thus affecting your appetite and food intake. This then leads to weight loss and reduced waist circumference.
2. Controlled appetite and satietyResearchers have found that obese men and women who take probiotic supplements experience less hunger and a lowered desire to eat and greater satiety. Probiotics have a role to play in suppressing your appetite and helping to decrease overeating. There’s also evidence that bad bacteria can contribute to an unhealthy and imbalanced microbiome which can turn your hunger pangs on and off. You’ll then likely have constant cravings for unhealthy foods like sugary snacks for example. On the other hand, if your microbiome is well-balanced with the support of probiotics, your cravings for unhealthy food are likely to be reduced.
3. Reduce inflammation from a leaky gutThe gut is a very common source of inflammation. Probiotics have been shown to play an important role in the fight against inflammation which can be a precursor to countless health issues including allergies, fatigue, autoimmune disorders, etc.