Best Ways to Lose Weight During Quarantine
- Everything You Need to Know about Robotic Hernia Surgery
- Considering Robotic Anti-Reflux Surgery? Here’s What You Should Know
- We’re Proud to Launch Our Nova Bariatrics Minimally Invasive Surgery Store!
- Weight-Loss Surgery for Teens? Here’s What You Need to Know
- 8 Fitness Tips for Exercising at Home without Equipment
What to Expect When You Have Robotic Gallbladder Surgery
With Dr. Alibhai’s training in minimally invasive and robotic surgery, he performs a wide range of general surgical procedures as well including:
- Robotic Gallbladder surgery
- Robotic hernia surgery
- Acid Reflux surgery
Mustafa H. Alibhai,MD,FACS,FASMBS
But first the basics:
What is Robotic Gallbladder SurgerySurgeons use what’s called Da-Vinci technology to remove the gallbladder by making very small incisions. Da-Vinci technology allows surgeons to perform minimally-invasive surgery. This leads to less trauma to the nerves and tissue, less scaring, less pain, and a faster recovery time. We know this may sound overwhelming, but with the right facility and team, you will be in and out of your procedure in no time at all. NOVA Bariatrics is known in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for our kind and knowledgeable staff. Our cutting-edge robotic technology delivers the results you want FAST. At NOVA Bariatrics, we ensure that all patients are comfortable, safe, and supportive throughout their health and weight loss journeys. Surgery of any kind is a big step so there are a few things you should keep in mind before taking your healing journey to the next level.
Why You Should Consider robotic gallbladder surgery?
There comes a time when treatment is no longer effective no matter how much medicine you are prescribed. If this is the case, then surgery may be right for you. Gallbladder surgery has many long-term benefits including less nausea, more energy, and a better immune system.
Other Types of Surgery We Offer:
We offer a comprehensive range of minimally invasive weight-loss procedures and lifelong support. Weight-loss can feel overwhelming, but we assure you that you are not alone. We are with you every step of the way and believe in the power of your choice to live a stronger and healthier life.
If you’re considering Bariatric surgery, we evaluate the following:
- Your BMI or Body Mass Index
- Your Medical History
- Financial Needs/Concerns
- How long you’ll need to be out of work due to recovery time
- When you can return to a normal exercise routine
Know Your ResourcesEven if the healthissue and/or solutions are obvious, you must always consult your doctor before any kind of surgery. According to Johns Hopkins University, you must always ask the following of your doctor before committing to surgery:
- What is the operation being recommended?
- Why is the procedure needed?
- What are my alternatives to this procedure?
- Are there other treatment choices available based on my medical condition?
- What are the benefits and risk of this surgery?
- Is a second opinion required?
- What type of anesthesia is required?
- What can I respect during surgery?
And any other information you’d like to know. Knowledge is your right so don’t worry about asking your doctor too many questions.
Get In TouchDr. Mustafa Alibhai is the founder of NOVA Bariatrics and Minimally Invasive Surgery in DFW. He is a board certified and fellowship trained bariatric and minimally invasive surgeon in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Dr. Alibhai is well known among his patients for his thoughtful and patient approach. He firmly believes that weight loss is a journey and commits to his patients’ success by walking alongside them every step of the way.
For more information call now or learn more about which bariatric surgery is best for you.