Endoscopic Incisionless Surgery
This procedure is minimally invasive and still has an amazing weight loss outcome! Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty is typically available for patients who have a body mass index (BMI) over 30.
Once a patient has completed the entire program one can expect to lose around 12-20% of body weight in one year.
With Dr. Alibhai’s training in minimally invasive and robotic surgery, he performs a wide range of general surgical procedures as well including:
- Robotic Gallbladder surgery
- Robotic hernia surgery
- Acid Reflux surgery
Mustafa H. Alibhai,MD,FACS,FASMBS
Side Effects & Risks
Side effects/ Risks:
- Pain and nausea may occur after surgery
- Can lead to other bariatric surgery
- Mainly a safe procedure with no complications
- Desire for smaller appetite
- Improvement/ resolution of obesity and other related health conditions such as…
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Joint pain
- This procedure is done with an endoscope (Instruments that are able to see inside the body.)
- The tiny camera lets the surgeon to see and work inside the patient’s stomach without making any incisions in the abdominal area
- The surgeon will ultimately create 12 sutures in the These sutures are able to differentiate the structure of the patient’s stomach.
- The changes in your stomach then decreases the amount of calories that the patients body is able to absorb.