Endoscopic Incisionless Surgery
This procedure is very similar to the surgical sleeve gastrectomy, in which a physician sutures a patient’s stomach is made smaller by creating an endoscopic sleeve without making an incision. This procedure is minimally invasive and still has an amazing weight loss outcome! Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty is typically available for patients who have a body mass index (BMI) over 30.
Once a patient has completed the entire program one can expect to lose around 12-20% of body weight in one year.
With Dr. Alibhai’s training in minimally invasive and robotic surgery, he performs a wide range of general surgical procedures as well including:
- Robotic Gallbladder surgery
- Robotic hernia surgery
- Acid Reflux surgery
Mustafa H. Alibhai,MD,FACS,FASMBS
Side Effects & Risks
Side effects/ Risks:
- Pain and nausea may occur after surgery
- Can lead to other bariatric surgery
- Mainly a safe procedure with no complications
- Desire for smaller appetite
- Improvement/ resolution of obesity and other related health conditions such as…
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart disease
- Joint pain
- This procedure is done with an endoscope (Instruments that are able to see inside the body.)
- The tiny camera lets the surgeon to see and work inside the patient’s stomach without making any incisions in the abdominal area
- The surgeon will ultimately create 12 sutures in the These sutures are able to differentiate the structure of the patient’s stomach.
- The changes in your stomach then decreases the amount of calories that the patients body is able to absorb.