Obalon Balloon System
The Obalon Balloon System is the first and only swallowable balloon system for weight loss. The Obalon Balloon is a 6-month treatment in which the balloon occupies space in the patient’s stomach so that there is a decrease in consumption of food.
On average the weight loss results of the Obalon Balloon System is 89% of the total weight is lost in a period of 6 months. While exercising and eating a healthy diet patients are able to lose Teri Hatcher as much weight as than with diet and exercise by itself.
With Dr. Alibhai’s training in minimally invasive and robotic surgery, he performs a wide range of general surgical procedures as well including:
- Robotic Gallbladder surgery
- Robotic hernia surgery
- Acid Reflux surgery
Mustafa H. Alibhai,MD,FACS,FASMBS
Side Effects & Risks
Side Effects/ Risks:
- Shown to change eating habits
- Maintain long-term weight loss
- Non-surgical (little to no risks)
- Procedure is only 10 min long
- Obalon Balloon is folded in a capsule attached with a catheter
- Patient then swallows balloon with water
- The physician holds onto catheter so that the end of it remains outside the mouth
- Physician will then do an ultrasound to make sure the capsule is placed correctly in the stomach
- The balloon is then inflated with gas through the catheter.