NOVA Bariatrics offers virtual visits and a 24/7 in-house dietitian to give our weight loss surgery patients medical help and nutrition counseling on demand. Ever find yourself searching online for fitness or diet advice along your weight loss journey? Because NOVA Bariatrics and Minimally Invasive Surgery is among the best clinics for surgical and medical weight loss near you. We give each of our patients access to the best resources, including the option of telehealth and internal nutritionist available all the time to attain notable and healthy weight loss results.
Sausage and Veggie Egg Muffins
- 5-6 eggs
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese (2% or less fat)
- ~5 pre-cooked chicken meatballs or turkey sausage, chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheese of choice
- ½ cup baked sweet potato, diced
- Large handful kale or spinach, chopped
- ½ cup (~handful) red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- Seasonings: everything bagel, garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Tomatoes, diced
- Broccoli, chopped
- Bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture evenly among muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes (until fork comes out clean)
Summer Grilled Asparagus Salad
This refreshing and light asparagus salad is the perfect side for summer! Asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, zinc, and folate. It is a prebiotic food that offers a healthy dose of dietary fiber, indigestible carbs that help regulate digestion, blood sugar, and fat absorption in the body. Most of the fiber in asparagus is insoluble which can be helpful for those struggling with constipation.
You can purchase asparagus fresh, frozen, and canned for good nutrition and convenience. When selecting fresh, go for odorless stalks with dry, tight tips (avoid limp or wilted stalks).
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 10 stalks)
- ½ Tbsp minced garlic or 2 frozen garlic cubes
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Seasonings: garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Snap the ends off your asparagus stalks and add to a large bowl. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and toss until the asparagus are fully coated.
- Turn your grill on to medium-high (or heat a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat)
- Cook asparagus on grill or pan (just on one side only) for about 3-5 minutes until tender.
- Pour everything onto plate or bowl and top with crumbled feta and lemon juice.
Healthy PB Cups
Homemade Reese’s Cups!
Bariatric Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 cup PB powder • 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips
- Stevia (2 drops for extra sweetness)
- Dash of Cinnamon
Chickpea Pumpkin Blondies
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter (no added sugar just peanuts and salt in ingredient label)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup monkfruit sweetener
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (whey protein isolate)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Dash of salt and cinnamon
- 1/3 cup lilys stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips OR cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chip in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle in chocolate chips and mix until evenly distributed
- Bake for 25 minutes until toothpick interested into middle comes out clean
High Protein Banana Zucchini Muffins
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (unsalted and no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup lily’s stevia sweetened dark chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder (soluble fiber that increases satiety)
- 2 stevia packets or 2-3 drops
- 1 scoop protein powder (one with at least 15 g protein per serving)
- dash of salt
*Optional: cut out the chocolate chips or limit to 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In mixing bowl whisk bananas, eggs, zucchini, peanut butter, stevia, and vanilla extract
- Add in other ingredients to mixing bowl and stir well
- Line muffin pan with baking cups and fill each evenly
- For mini muffins cook about 15 minutes however if larger muffin tins then about 20-25 minutes