Dr. Alibhai has multiple years of experience with this system and is only a handful of doctors that have this sort of experience with the Da Vinci Machine.
Most candidate that are considered for robotic surgery are usually severely obese. Severely obese is considered a BMI over 40%. Other factors include age, other symptoms like high blood pressure, etc. If you are wondering if you are a candidate for robotic surgery you can call to schedule and appointment with Dr. Alibhai for a consultation, and see if you qualify.
- Bachelor in Science- Southern Methodist University
- Medical School- UT Southwestern
- Residency- UT Southwestern
- Bariatric Fellowship- Bariatric Medical Institute San Antonio
- Robotic Fellowship- McGovern Medical School at UT Health Houston
Mustafa H. Alibhai, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Side Effects & Risks
Compared to traditional weightloss surgeries, robotic surgery offers many benefits regarding your recovery time for example:
- Quicker recovery time
- Less painful procedure
- Faster scarring recovery
- Lower infection rates
- Quicker hospital visit
- Lower risk of follow-up surgery
The risks involved with robotic surgery include, dehydration, nutrition deficiency, and leakage from bowel area.